For some of us this is our fourth Moore College Mission, and there are certain quirks we have come to expect. However, each year the specific location brings it’s own unique flavour. Listed below are 5 Tamworthian joys we have experienced today.
1. You wait until 3pm to go doorknocking, but it’s still over 30°C!
2. A kid turns up to the toddlers’ group dressed as a farmer, complete with Akubra.
3. If you’re late to the meeting, you can never blame it on the traffic.
In our morning meeting Keith encouraged us from 1Thessalonians that this week we are calling people to turn (ἐπιστρέφω) from idolatry to serve (δουλεύω) the Living and True God. It was a necessary reminder as we interact with people who seemingly don’t need Jesus. (I was late to the meeting, but it wasn’t my fault)
4. Your billets have bow-hunting skills
5. One of your mission activities involves visiting a RAAF base.