- Permanent Full Time
Moore College is a theological college that prepares men and women for a lifetime of Christian mission and ministry through high quality theological training. The College is a self-accrediting higher education provider with a full suite of courses from diploma to Ph D, as well as a distance education programme.
The Donald Robinson Library plays a key role in supporting the teaching and research efforts of faculty, students and others. It is a world class theological library, with one of the biggest collections of theological resources in Australia.
Moore College is looking for a Library Manager who will bring passion and enthusiasm to lead the day-to-day development, and delivery of, library and information services, related systems, information literacy and learning resources support for students throughout their studies. The Library Manager will play an important role furthering the development of the library into the future whilst enhancing the student learning experience at Moore College.
- Experience in the provision and management of library and information services within a higher education research library environment.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in library information management, information technology or similar.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of library and information systems, collections and services and in the development of library systems and processes.
- Demonstrated digital dexterity along with an ability to assess and implement relevant emerging technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty, staff and visitors to the Library.
- Demonstrated ability of dealing with complex and detailed operations problems and the enhancement of practice and systems and procedures.
- Ability to support and promote the Christian mission and values of Moore College.
- Eligibility for Associate membership of ALIA or equivalent.
- A degree in Christian theology from an accredited higher education provider.
- Post-graduate research award
- Able to work across the operational hours of the Library.
Applications close: 31st October 2019.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a national criminal history check.