Super Sunday – beginning Moore Mission in Forestville with a bang!
We began our Mission Week at Forestville with an intense but fantastic Sunday. The four services ranged from a peaceful and pensive 8am Holy Communion service, to a high-energy 6:45pm service. In between are two family services at 10am and 5pm with Kids Church happening at the same time.
From our Moore College team, Ben preached in the morning services about Jesus healing the lame man at the pool on the Sabbath (John 5:1-18) while Steve preached in the evening services about Jesus healing the son of an official (John 4:43-54). Both encouraged and challenged everyone to reflect upon having a faith that centered on Jesus rather than elsewhere. Beth, Mitch, Nathan and Jordan shared their testimonies of how God has worked powerfully in their lives that they might trust in him. Some students helped out at Kids Church, whilst others were spontaneously called to the front of church for a fun interactive game to introduce the church to Moore College students.
All this sparked some great conversations after the services!
It was hugely encouraging chatting to some people who had been invited to church by their Christian friends and family, and who had been enjoying church. It was also very exciting to hear Christians share that they were actively seeking to invite their friends to events during Mission Week!
Please join us in praying for Moore Mission in Forestville:
- Give thanks to God for the staff team and many faithful Christians at St David’s Anglican
- Pray for those who are on the fringes at church and those who are still checking things out – that they would feel loved by the community and God, and that they would come to a saving faith in Jesus Christ
- Pray that Christians would be bold and thoughtful in inviting their friends to various events throughout the week
- Pray that God would prepare the hearts of many unbelievers to come to the events and find out more about him
- Pray for our team’s preparation – that we would be presenting the gospel faithfully and in a winsome manner