We came back full force on Thursday morning, starting off with 3 back-to-back Scripture assemblies at Winston Hills Public School. For each year group we looked at Romans 5:8 teaching from the angle of the ‘Great Swap’; that King Jesus swaps places with us (sinners) in order that we don’t need to suffer the consequences for our own sin. The team did a great job at not only enduring through 3 high powered assemblies but also at teaching God’s Word clearly and faithfully. Not to mention we had a great time getting involved, whether members of the team teaching different segments or kids from the school getting involved in the skit or songs. It was a really encouraging morning as we were reminded of how Jesus has swapped places with us and as we invited the kids to ask Jesus to swap places with them so that they will be saved.
It was a full day of ministry to kids as we got stuck into the after school kids’ program for years 1-4, Germinate. A full two and a half hours of games, bible teaching, memory verse, discussion groups, free play, pancakes, and songs. The ‘Germ’ himself took a walk down to the school to help pick up the kids for Germinate. We continued with their ongoing Exodus series with particular look at the final ‘Plague of the Week.’ Leah encouraged the kids to see how God worked to save the Israelites with the blood of a lamb, and as we thinking about us today we see that the blood of Jesus saves us from sin and death.
The fellas had their ‘Men and Meat’ event later that night. Dan Allen tells us about what happened:
“Last night 100 men from the church and community gathered for the Men’s Meat Night. Chef Steve showed us how to cook the perfect steak and Grant Borg told us about the perfect man Jesus Christ who died and rose again so that we can know God and why men should follow Jesus to find out about what real manhood looks like.
Key tips for the perfect steak:
- Leave steak out at rom temperature before cooking it.
- Oil the steak, not the hot plate!
- Only turn the steak once! (Check how cooked it is by pressing your finger down on the steak)
Key reasons we should look to Jesus for the answers to what real manhood looks like:
- He proved he is God, who created us.
- He died on the cross for our sins.
- He rose from the dead.
Thank God for all the guys (and girls) who made the night happen. Pray for follow up conversations with men who were convicted to learn more about Jesus, and the Christian men who were spurred on to pursue biblical manhood.”
Four things to pray for:
- Thank God for a encouraging day.
- Pray for the kids at Winston Hills Public, that they would trust in Jesus to swap places with them so that they would not endure punishment for their sin.
- Pray for the kids at Germinate, that they would see that Jesus is the Lamb who takes away sin and that they would trust in Him to take away their sin.
- Pray for the men at the Men and Meat night, that they would see that Jesus shows us true manhood and that they would be convicted of their sin but the grace and forgiveness in Jesus.