Why personal effectiveness (Time Management)?
Ministry is a constant juggle to fit in what needs to be done to the limited time available to do it. There is always more that can be done but no additional time to do it. How do we fit it all in? Do we try?
In ministry there are so many ‘good’ things to be done. Are some activities more important than other things?
Have you ever felt that none of the important work is being completed in a timely fashion because all of the urgent calls in ministry are taking over?
Surely there are better ways to manage our time so that we can be more effective in our day to day ministry?
This workshop has been developed to assist church workers consider their effectiveness in ministry and their utilisation of the available time that God has given them. We will explore effectiveness in ministry at a church level and at a personal level.
We will consider identifying the more important tasks to do with our time and then prioritising them into our day so that we are not side tracked by those things which steal us away from doing what is most important.
The objective from this half day training is for you to:
- Develop a good understanding of your use of time – both qualitatively and quantitatively
- Understand Effective Ministry & prioritisation
- Understand the difference between important & urgent activities
- Identify what (& who) deserves priority in your allocation of time
- Consider how you prioritise scheduling “important”
- Consider some tips on how to manage time
Peter Mayrick (pictured), co-Director of CMD and Senior Consultant, will be facilitating this workshop
Where: Moore Theological College
Frederic Barker Room
Level 1, 1 King St, Newtown 2042
Date: Mon 30th Aug 2021
Morning Tea provided.