One of the themes characterising mission for the Wollongong team has been the truly diverse range of experiences that we have been exposed to. However, there has been a stronger and somehow more prevalent theme surpassing even that of diversity. It has been the faithfulness of a steadfast and sovereign God who has guided our actions and opened many doors.
For the morning, our teams spread themselves around the various churches we have been posted to. Some of the highlights include:
- Rowena’s clear gospel presentation at the St Michaels EFL class.
- A group visiting a scripture class at Figtree Public School.
- The opportunity to share God’s Word at the St Johns friendship service.
- Part of the team visiting the Intensive Care Unit at the local hospital.
- The ‘coincidental’ matching of socks and shirts by two of our most special team members.
Upon reuniting, the team was treated to lunch provided by Mike and Tim who minister at both Port Kembla and Warrawong Anglican. The brutal honesty of their testimony about the highs and lows of their ministry was a precious gift and a difficult learning experience. However, they affirmed what we as a team are currently experiencing: Jesus is faithful! He is the one who can be counted on when everything seems helpless or when everything is going great.
The day ended with the chance for the whole team to join the young adults of Figtree Anglican for burgers and testimonies. Michelle had the opportunity to serve in a different way by sharing at a Bible study attended by members of St Johns.
Join us in thanking God for:
- His faithfulness throughout all of our experiences at mission.
- The diversity of experiences that we have been exposed to.
- The continued strengthening of connections between team members and those in the local community.
Join us in praying for:
- Good health for those in our team who are feeling unwell.
- Courage to share the good news in yet more new and diverse ways.
- Rejuvenation as we enter into our rest day.
- Mike and Tim as they continue the work that God has called them to.