If Sunday was all about diving in head first, Monday was a chance to take a breath.
That is, after the 5:45 start! Our team spread themselves across various train stations in the Wollongong area to connect with the early morning commuters. We had the great pleasure of serving alongside members of the local church as we offered ‘Jesus is_____’ flyers to the public. Once the early morning rush was over our team were able to catch up on sleep, preparation or all of the above.
Figtree Anglican Church generously hosted the entire team for lunch. We were then treated to a tour of their facilities by Senior Minister Ian Barnett. Seeing and hearing about the inner workings of a large church proved to be a valuable experience culminating in a question time which covered church vision, evangelistic strategies and community engagement.
It was during this time that Ian shared God’s Word with us. Reading from 2 Corinthians 4, Ian stressed that we don’t have the power to change the human heart in and of ourselves. It is only God who can achieve such a thing and as such we are totally reliant on him. Furthermore, ministry can be difficult in ways we might not even be able to imagine. Again, we are totally reliant on God. If there is anything worth remembering as mission continues, it must surely be to trust God as we lean on him in all that we do.
To cap off the day, a number of team members attended a men’s event in the evening at Figtree Anglican Church. There is, perhaps, no better way to finish off the day then barbecued meat, fellowship and Al Stewart!
Join with us in praising God:
- For the various connections made with those who don’t know Christ over the past two days. God really is working in remarkable ways!
- For the enormous encouragement the local churches have been to our team.
Join with us in praying for:
- God to work through us to bring people to him.
- More opportunities to meet with non-Christians we have already made a connection with.
- Our team choosing to rely on God’s strength rather than our own.