We’ve had a fantastic first 36 hours of Moore Mission at St Stephen’s Anglican Normanhurst.
- A quality homemade lunch (including “made from scratch” dumplings!! 😋) and dinner provided by St Stephen’s.
- A warm and enthusiastic welcome by Baden Stace (Senior Minister), Peter Hughes (Assistant Minister), Chris Jones (Families and Youth Minister) and Karl Bonner (Young Adults Minister).
- Excellent connections made with church members from all the congregations.
- Clear gospel proclaiming testimonies by Ash Braithwaite, Jeremy Fox and Steph Vine.
- Good Christ centred sermons preached by Russell Denten (4:30 pm Saturday and 7 pm Sunday), Michael Hemans (8 am Sunday) and Sam Davidson (10 am and 5 pm Sunday).
Prayer requests for tomorrow:
- Please pray for church communities on the Mid North Coast and Western Sydney regions currently devastated by floods. Especially for the Salt Community Church in Bonny Hills, NSW. St Stephens had to delay a planned Men’s group event with a “Hope Beyond Cure” talk by author David McDonald, the senior minister of Salt. Please pray that God would give the ministry team wisdom and perseverance, and a spirit of generosity to the church congregations as they seek to support those who have lost homes.
- Pray that everyone at St Stephen’s would be excited to be on mission with us this week.
- Prayer that God would clear up the weather ASAP so we can do door knocking or other evangelistic things in the local area.
- We’ll be joining a few church small groups tomorrow; please pray that God would give courage to those who will be sharing their testimonies or other gospel presentations. And that the groups would find our contributions encouraging.
- We’ll be starting an outreach & flood relief collection Anglicare table at the Hornsby Westfield. Please pray that we would be ready for every gospel opportunity God provides and that the community would be generous in donations.