Moore College welcomes both visiting scholars and ministry workers.
The College invites applications from visiting scholars for a period of one term full-time. This includes:
- full access to the Library (borrowing rights optional).
- use of a terminal with full internet access. Scholars need to provide their own laptop.
- an invitation to join the faculty for morning tea during term time and to dine with other students for weekday lunches.
- single scholars may apply for a room in John Chapman House (for a cost), subject to availability. Married scholars need to find their own accommodation.
- $520 for one term (7 weeks)
- $100 for Library borrowing rights (6 months)
- Please submit a letter of application to the College Registrar which should include:
- a full CV detailing your professional experience, research activities and publications.
- a description of your research area of study.
- proposed dates of your stay.
- a letter of introduction from a senior academic who knows your work.
Please note that this role is without remuneration. It is also the responsibility of overseas scholars to obtain the requisite visa to enter Australia.
We offer an informal program of guided reading for theology graduates, clergy on sabbatical or church workers in full-time ministry. It is a personalised program suitable for those wishing to take time out from ministry. It can be a time of intense preparation for ongoing ministry or a period of spiritual refreshment and reflection. A minimum of one week is recommended. This includes:
- two consultations with a faculty member.
- auditing selected lectures.
- a welcome invitation at Chapel.
- full access to the Library (borrowing rights are optional and subject to the current fee).
- meals may be taken in the dining room with faculty and students at the current student rate.
- $520 for semester or part thereof.
- $100 for Library borrowing rights (6 months).
- $10/meal in the dining room.