You can also donate via Direct Deposit (Please include your name in the description box):
Name: Moore Theological College
BSB: 032 016
We have been blessed through the bequests of a number of supporters over the years. Major gifts at the end of life have been of great importance to the College. In fact, Moore College began as the result of a bequest. When Thomas Moore passed away in 1840, he gifted a large portion of his estate to the establishment of a theological college in Sydney. Moore Theological College was opened in 1856 with three students and one tutor. Since then, more than 6,000 students have graduated from accredited courses and now over 5,000 students are studying Moore College courses in over 50 different countries. 180 years after this initial bequest, we’d like to ask you to prayerfully consider joining this important ministry through making your own bequest to Moore College. If you wish to consider this as a way to support the work it would be good for you to have a conversation with Trevor Cairney as the Head of Foundation before adding Moore College to your will. In this way, we could help you to identify how you would like to make the gift and for what purpose.
If you would like to register with the College in making your bequest please contact the Head of Foundation at the College on +61 (0)2 9577 9900 or email FoundationHead@moore.edu.au.
The suggested wording for bequests follows. Note that these words may be varied and made more specific depending on the wishes of the donor. If doing so, it would be good to have someone check the wording with the Head of Foundation if in any doubt.
I give *either the sum of …………………. (words or figures for a $ amount), or ………………………. (words or figures for a %) percentage of my estate, to Moore Theological College Council for the general purposes (or specific purpose) of the college, and I declare that the receipt of the treasurer of the College Council shall be a full and sufficient discharge to the executor.
*if the gift is of shares or real property or art work then sufficient words to identify same should be substituted.
For any further information on how you can support financially please contact the Head of Foundation at the College on +61 (0)2 9577 9900 or email FoundationHead@moore.edu.au.
You can also download the below resource to have information on bequests to Moore College in an easy to print format.
As you support Moore College through financial donations, we’d like to keep you informed of what God’s doing through the ministry of the College. Please take the opportunity to read our latest edition of our quarterly publication Moore Matters and our latest Annual Report.
Philippians 4:6 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.”
Prayer Support Group
The Prayer Support Group is a group of women from all over Sydney that meets together to pray for the needs of the College, its faculty, students and staff. We are always looking for new women to join us as we express our dependence on God for all things. It is a joy to hear about how God is working in the lives of our students and their families and to find out firsthand how we can best pray for college and its faculty, students and staff. See when the next Prayer Support Group is on.
Men’s Prayer Breakfasts
Twice a year, Moore College also runs a prayer breakfast for men. It is an opportunity to fellowship over breakfast, hear from a speaker, and pray for the needs for the College. We want to invite all men to come along and pray for the faculty, students and staff. See when the next Men’s Prayer Breakfast is on.
Moore College knows the importance and imperative of prayer to God’s work at the college. The College has a number of ongoing ways by which prayer and praise points are circulated for prayer supporters to use for their individual or group prayers, including through PrayerMate. A Quarterly Prayer Bulletin publication is produced which you can receive by email.
July Prayer Points
- 1/07 – Ask for wisdom for our students as they interact with others about current world issues
- 2/07 – Thank God for the Music Mission Re-imagined team who were able to record material during mission week
- 3/07 – Ask that God would continue to watch over those who are unable to be with family during this holiday period
- 4/07 – Thank God for His goodness to us, in His beautiful creation that our students get to enjoy on their break
- 5/07 – Pray for faculty member, Will Timmins as he and his wife, Lizzy seek to serve their family and friends
- 6/07 – Pray for those staff members returning to work in person at College today
- 7/07 – Ask that God would grant patience and creativity to those in our community who are ministering to children
- 8/07 – Thank God for raising up people who have applied to study at College in the recent weeks
- 9/07 – Pray for our part time students that they would manage their time well and grow as they study in term 3
- 10/07 – Thank God for the Selfie Choir that has been recording music on video for our College chapels
- 11/07 – Thank God for the external organisations that support the College financially and in prayer
- 12/07 – Thank God for the College community at But-Har-Gra (Croydon). Ask that they would grow together in love as a community
- 13/07 – Pray for energy and enthusiasm for the start of Term 3 today
- 14/07 – Ask that God would grow those attending the online PTC John lectures, starting tonight
- 15/07 – Pray that the College community would keep serving each other with joy
- 16/07 – Pray for our Post-Graduate students as they continue to research and study away from College
- 17/07 – Pray for the finance team as they continue to work effectively in managing College finances
- 18/07 – Thank God for faculty member Jane Tooher, and pray that she would use her time wisely and finish writing projects
- 19/07 – Pray for those students undertaking exams in the upcoming supplementary exam week
- 20/07 – Pray that our students would have possibilities of mission opened as our annual Mission Awareness Week starts today
- 21/07 – Pray for Malcolm Richards as he speaks to our students about preaching the gospel this week
- 22/07 – Thank God for the hard work of the cleaning department as they work across the College property
- 23/07 – Pray that our students would find creative ways to share the gospel in this time of social distancing
- 24/07 – Pray for those in our College community considering mission work in the future
- 25/07 – Thank God for those students undertaking the Women’s stream of the Advanced Diploma, and ask that He would grow them
- 26/07 – Pray for those in our community who are ministering to non-Christian family members. Ask that God would be gracious and work through them
- 27/07 – Pray for faculty member, Dan Wu as he prepares for a busy term ahead
- 28/07 – Thank God for faculty member, Simon Gillham as he continues to prepare material on the gospel of John for PTC lectures
- 29/07 – Give thanks for faculty member Peter Orr’s daily devotions on the Psalms over the past months
- 30/07 – Pray for wisdom and clarity as decisions about the strategy for the College
- 31/07 – Give thanks for the churches planning to pray and support College through the upcoming Moore College Sunday
- Prayer Bulletin June-August 2020
- Prayer Bulletin Mar-May 2020
- Prayer Bulletin Dec 2019-Feb 2020 and Exiting Students Prayer Booklet
- Prayer Bulletin Sept-Nov 2019
- Prayer Bulletin June-August 2019
- Prayer Bulletin March-May 2019
- Prayer Bulletin Dec 2018-Feb 2019
- Exiting Students Prayer Booklet 2018
- Prayer Bulletin Sep-Nov 2018
- Prayer Bulletin Jun-Aug 2018
- Prayer Bulletin March-May 2018
- Prayer Bulletin Dec 2017-Feb 2018
- Prayer Bulletin Sep-Nov 2017
- Prayer Bulletin Jun-Aug 2017
- Prayer Bulletin March-May 2017
- Prayer Bulletin Dec 2016-Feb 2017
- Exiting Students Prayer Booklet 2016