Funds available for bursaries and scholarships are a scarce resource, and the following definitions apply:
- a ‘Bursary’ is designed to support students in financial need, regardless of the course in which they are enrolled, and is particularly applicable to help such students pay their tuition fees (where they are not covered by FEE-HELP), and contribute if necessary towards their living expenses; and
- a ‘Scholarship’ is based on merit, usually outstanding academic performance, and is particularly applicable to students undertaking research higher degrees.
Please note that, as a general principle, first year undergraduate students who are Australian citizens (and hence eligible for FEE-HELP) are not awarded bursaries except under special circumstances.
Bursaries for Students in financial need include:
- General Bursary
- Women’s Ministry Bursary
- Indigenous Ministry Bursary
- Global Ministry Bursary
- International Student Bursary
- Overseas DBT Bursary
- PTC Bursary
Postgraduate Academic Scholarships include:
- Moore College PhD Scholarship
- Women’s Graduate Research Scholarship (The Parker Bequest)
- Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship
- Joan Augusta Mackenzie Travelling Scholarship
Bursary and Scholarship Applications
To apply for a bursary or a scholarship you will need to complete the following two forms in their entirety. Once submitted, your application will be forwarded to the College’s Bursaries & Scholarships Committee. For any enquiries relating to bursaries and scholarships, please contact the secretary of the Bursaries & Scholarships Committee (Ming Zeng) on +61 (0)2 9577 9999 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For guidance on completing the section on annual income and expenses, please see Cost of College information.