Step One: Application
Provide the College with the following information:
- a completed MTh Application Form.
- certified academic transcripts for all tertiary qualifications to date.
- proof of studies in either Greek or Hebrew to at least Level III, Year 3 units in a three year degree.
- a certified copy of an IELTS result with at least 7.5 in every band of the academic test (applies to all students requiring a student visa for entry into Australia and to those for whom English is not their first language who have not completed a prerequisite award in English).
- two personal references, one of which should be from the applicant’s current minister or denominational leader.
- two academic references.
- the proposed study program. The proposal should consist of:
- a proposed thesis topic, together with a written explanation of up to 500 words of the topic and envisioned approach;
- a proposed Pathway (Pathway 1, 2, or 3).
Step Two: Interview
- Depending on the foregoing, an interview is arranged with the Director of Research and relevant Head of Department. If the applicant is not able to undertake the interview in Sydney, a skype call can be arranged.
- The Director of Research will write a report with a recommendation regarding the applicant.
Step Three: Research Committee (RC) Consideration
- The Research Committee (RC) will then consider the student’s application and the report from the Director of Research.
- The RC decides whether the application should be endorsed to the College’s Academic Board.
- Applications are handled in terms of the procedures set out in the College’s Student Policies and Appeals. In cases where the application is rejected the applicant has recourse to the Academic Grievance (Appeals) Policy of the College.