To be authorised by the Anglican Diocese of Sydney as an Anglican Community Chaplain, you need a Community Chaplaincy Award, issued by the Centre for Ministry Development. The Community Chaplaincy Award is not a Moore College award.
The following Preliminary Theological Certificate (PTC) units are accepted as the academic component of the Community Chaplaincy Award:
- Introduction to the Bible
- Promise to Fulfilment
- Mark’s Gospel (New Testament 1)
- the Knowledge of God (Doctrine 1)
The Community Chaplaincy Award includes other requirements:
- a practical component:
- Anglicare’s Introductory Pastoral Care Course,
- Evangelism & New Church (ENC)’s Conversational Chaplaincy Course
- an interview (arranged through ENC).
For more information about Community Chaplaincy pathways, please contact Evangelism and New Churches.