The Governing Board of the College
In general terms, the management and control of the College is vested by the Synod of the Diocese of Sydney in the Moore Theological College Council. The Moore Theological College Council is incorporated under the Anglican Church Bodies Corporate Act 1938 and is constituted by the Moore Theological College Ordinance 2009. Under the Ordinance the Council is charged with the provision of training for ordination candidates and other church workers.
The affairs of the Moore Theological College Council are managed, governed and controlled by the Governing Board of the College.
Governing Board Members
The Most Rev Dr G N Davies (President)
The Rev Dr M D Thompson (Principal)
Mr K M Chapman
Mr A E Clemens (Treasurer)
Professor D R Cohen (Chair of Academic Board)
The Right Rev C Edwards
The Ven K L Hartley (Archdeacon for Women’s Ministry)
Dr W J Hurditch
Mr A J Killen
The Rev K M Kim
The Rev D R Mears
Dr B J Philip (Student Representative)
The Rev J L Ramsay
Dr R Tong AM (Secretary)
Dr D W Warren
The Rev Dr D Y-W Wu (Faculty Representative)
The Governing Board has delegated to the Academic Board responsibility for:
- Policy formulation and decision making in all academic matters; and
- Maintaining the academic values, quality and standards of the College.
The Academic Board is, in relation to all academic matters, the pre-eminent source of advice to the Governing Board.
The members of the Academic Board are:
Professor David Cohen, University of NSW;
All members of the Faculty;
A student representative elected by the students; and
Dr Erica Sainsbury, University of Sydney.
This Board is chaired by Professor David Cohen and meets five times per year.
The Board delegates various functions to a number of committees which report to it. The committees are:
- The Learning and Teaching Committee;
- The Research Committee;
- The Library Committee;
- The Moore PTC Committee; and
- The Human Research Ethics Committee.
- The Academic Dean, in conjunction with the Academic Board and its committees, is responsible for the supervision of the studies of theological students.
The Dean of Students is responsible for all matters which affect the personal and spiritual welfare of students and their families.
The Advisor to Overseas Students is the official point of contact for overseas students with the College.
The Academic Departments of the College with the respective Heads of Department are:
Division of Biblical Studies
- Department of Old Testament and Hebrew — Andrew Shead
- Department of New Testament and Greek — Philip Kern
Division of Christian Thought
- Department of Theology, Philosophy and Ethics — Andrew Leslie
- Department of Church History — Mark Earngey