Please see below a list of prayer points that fueled student prayer only a few days before Moore College Mission 2021 begins. Please do pray for the teams and the various gospel shaped activities that they will be engaged in, as the College partners with churches and Christian organisations around Sydney and beyond.
St Andrew’s Cathedral School
Please pray that:
- we would, with clarity and just the right amount of force, communicate the gospel at the school.
- those little things that can interfere – rooms being unavailable, technology not working, etc – wouldn’t get in the way of presenting Jesus.
- we’d learn a lot about bringing biblical truths into the whole school curriculum.
- we’d manage well the logistics of a combined school and church mission, and that we’d maintain the energy we need for the various activities.
- Christian students would take seriously the task of telling classmates about Jesus, and that some would be renewed as they reflect on the Easter message.
Evangelism and New Churches
- Please pray for safety for our team as we drive to the different churches we are visiting.
- Please thank God for the work of Evangelism and New Churches (ENC) which exists “to advance the evangelistic purposes of the Diocese, including through the planting of new congregations and fellowships in the Diocese”.
- Please thank God for the ministry of the churches that we are visiting – Grace City Redfern; Albion Park Rail; Berkley Life Centre; Chester Hill Anglican; Leppington Anglican and Living Water in Redfern.
- Please pray for Laura Smith as she leads the kids club at Chester Hill on Thursday.
- Please pray for the team as we do Scripture classes on Tuesday at Albion Park Rail.
- Please pray for the team as we do 1-1 ministry at Albion Park Rail.
- Please pray for walk up evangelism at Berkley.
- Please pray for the team as we participate in cross-cultural evangelism at Chester Hill.
- Please pray for the walk up evangelism in Leppington on Thursday afternoon.
- Please pray for youth group at Leppington on Friday night.
- Please give thanks for Neville Naden (BCA’s Indigenous Ministry Officer) as he preaches in the park at Redfern on Saturday afternoon, and the team as we participate in walk up evangelism.
- Please pray for those preaching across the week: Tim Smith; Alex Hitchcock; Tim Ash; Tony Nguyen; Eric Han
- Please pray that eternal fruit would come from our efforts that would bring glory to the Lord Jesus.
- Give thanks for John Delezio (mission liaison at Church at the Peak).
- Pray that our time at the church would continue to grow the evangelistic temperature of the church. Pray that church members would be bold in inviting friends and family.
- Pray for us with the early morning coffee cart and afternoon door knocking, as we seek to invite the local community to key events.
- Pray for those preaching, that they will be faithful to the Scriptures and bold in inviting people to know Christ.
- Praise God for the diverse community in the South West.
- Pray that during Mission Week, opportunities to engage with the community will result in openness to hear the Gospel.
- Pray for prayerfulness, a zeal for hospitality, and willingness to sacrificially serve.
- Pray that walk-up evangelism & door knocking programs planned will bear gospel fruit.
- Pray that God would miraculously bring the dead to life under the sound of the gospel this week.
- Pray for the students from College, that they will be challenged by the mission & harvest field in the South West.
- Pray for safety during the daily commute to Liverpool South & back.
South Sydney Anglican
Paul Williamson & Sarah Seabrook
- Give great thanks for how God has used the ministry team at this church to effectively love and reach marginalised people.
- Please pray for confidence, kindness and clarity when speaking to the many people around the parish.
- Pray that Jesus is honoured in our preaching and interactions and that ‘eternity’ would be on our hearts.
- Ask for the Holy Spirit to guide and go before us so we trust in God’s strength and purposes.
Please pray for:
- those preaching at Sunday services (Michael Hemans, Russell Denten, Peter Blake, Sam Davidson, Joey Cheng, Bryn Weightman), and for those giving their testimonies publicly at these services: for a faithful, clear and winsome proclamation of the Gospel.
- those preparing SRE assemblies at Normanhurst Public School and Normanhurst West Public School: for engaging and enthusiastic presentations of the Easter message.
- the planned daily Anglicare table at Westfield Hornsby, door knocking, and ministry among playgroup parents at the local park: for courage and wisdom to speak persuasively of our hope in Christ.
- Unbelievers to meet with whom we might speak of Christ: that they would have open hearts to the Gospel and that the Lord would be merciful.
- Numerous opportunities to meet with and encourage church members in ministry and evangelism: for good fruit.
- A happy team and safe travels.
Michael and Alison Blake
Please pray for:
- team members that are aiming to have coffee with someone we meet on mission. Please pray for opportunities for this, and for great love and boldness in speaking the gospel in these conversations.
- most team members that will be preaching during the week. Please pray for faithfulness, clarity, boldness and love in preparation and delivery. Pray that people would listen well and respond in faith and repentance.
- our teamwork.
- our safe travel to and from Armidale, and for families at home for the week while we are away.
Please give thanks for:
- the hospitality of those we will be billeted with and pray that we would make the most of our time with our billets to encourage them, learn from them and point them to Jesus.
- the Christians who serve faithfully in the churches and local schools we will be visiting. Please pray that we would be an encouragement in their ministry.
- Pray that we’ll have a few main evangelistic events. Pray for congregants to be bold to invite people to the community.
- Please pray that those that are invited from the community will be responsive to the gospel.
- Pray for those that will preach on the death of the firstborn in Exodus. Please ask for wisdom about how to communicate such topics winsomely.
- Ask God that we’ll be servant hearted as facilitators of the gospel sharing opportunities.
- Ask for us to be good listeners.
- Pray that the Lord would keep our hearts open to ministry and mission outside of Sydney, as we experience ministry elsewhere.
- Please pray for good weather for the events planned for the week.
- Pray that students would be enthusiastic, united, prepared and flexible, in all they do in the week, from upfront speaking opportunities, panels, door knocking and one to one conversations.
- Pray for health, including COVID flexibility and safety as there will be a lot of driving with most students staying a fair way from Emu Plains for the week.
- Pray for logistics and people organisation across the week for both church members and the College team
- Pray that God would work in the team and the people of Emu Plains church in transforming lives through Jesus.
Chris Conyers & Tara Stenhouse
- Praise God for the opportunity to be involved in God’s mission at Asquith.
- Pray for a fruitful week of mission, that non-believers will hear the gospel and respond in faith.
- Pray that we would spur on the members of St John’s, both in their Christian lives and mission zeal.
- Pray for energy, diligence and wisdom as team members prepare and deliver talks, and programs for the week.
- Pray for safety as we commute to and from Asquith each day.
- Pray for those billeting, that we might be a blessing to the families that we live amongst during the week.
- Pray that the various events – kids, youth, special men’s and women’s events, Sunday services – would help facilitate good gospel discussion.
- Give thanks that the church has been able to rebuild momentum and confidence as restrictions ease. Pray that mission would give them a renewed excitement for reaching the suburb with the saving work of Christ.
- Pray for the many strangers who will be met at train stations, school drop off, at the coffee cart etc. Pray that they would be receptive and open to the gospel and to an invitation to church and to Christianity Explored.
- Pray for the mission team, that they would be well prepared to contribute meaningfully to the life of church and to explain the good news clearly.
- Pray that through all of the structured teaching, conversations, testimonies, puppet shows, seminars etc. that God would be growing and saving people and that he would be honoured by all that goes on.
- that the church will be encouraged by our presence and contributions to their ministry.
- for God to challenge our hearts for evangelism as we join with the church’s evangelistic church services.
- for God to grow us as we apply our skills and knowledge that we have been studying at College.
- for humble servant heartedness to be evident to the congregation.
- for good connections to be made with the Japanese congregation through preaching, a parenting seminar and spending time together.
- that we might meet and encourage some locals as we promote the Easter services.
- that we would be a blessing to each other as a Mission team as we serve together.
- that we would enjoy an abundance of good health and a lack of the need for COVID tests.
- that Faraj speaking with an Armenian group might be a great demonstration of gospel unity.
- for all our speakers, to the young and the old, to faithfully preach the truth.